RE: New Dakota

From: Gabriel Couriel (gcouriel@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2009 - 14:55:16 EST

I think it's more likely the next dak will be based off the next Grand
Cherokee. As it stands, Brampton probably can't take on another vehicle,
while the GC/Durango platform will be new, and it's probably easier to tool
up the plant to build three trucks from the get-go, than to add a truck to
an existing car line.

It's also probably cheaper to build a truck off a truck frame, than to adapt
a car platform to a truck, and strengthen it enough to support the trucks
needs. However, I could be wrong (see generally Honda Ridgeline).

Gabriel A. Couriel