Re: Our next National meet?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Jan 16 2009 - 11:27:02 EST

Terrible Tom <silvereightynine@aol.com> wrote:

> Its about that time of year again.. the time of year when I'm socked
> in with about 2 feet of snow, a week of sub zero predicted
> hi-temps...up late looking over our paste years of Shenanigins...
> and no running trucks.

> I remember just about everyone at the 06 Colorado National Meet said
> they wanted to do another meet of similar criteria.

> Anyone else still think they would like to participate? Its been
> almost three *years* since we were running aroudn the mountains...
> hard to believe its been that long.

> I'm willing to entertain ideas?

   I have been so super busy lately that I haven't given it a lot of
thought, but I would probably be up for something like that. Of
course, as the first person to mention the possibility, I think you
just volunteered yourself onto the organizing committee again! ;-)

   All of the software and such that we used for voting to pick the
spot/activities in '06 is still in place and it would not take much to
press it into service again (once I look at it and figure out how I
had it set up since I haven't touched it in 3 years.) :-)

   What were you thinking as far as a timeframe goes - something this
year or possibly 2010, 2011, etc?

--
                                          -Jon-