Re: 5 speed Manual questions

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2009 - 00:38:01 EST

> In other words, if I want a 318, buy a truck that has one already. I
> had visions of cheap insurance and crate motors dancing in my head. As
> usual, reality killed them, heh.
>
> Thanks for saving me from an expensive mistake. :)

When I bought my Dakota 2 1/2 years ago I searched the I-5 corridor
all the way from Northern California to Southwestern Washington for a
Gen II 4x4 V8 with the 5 speed. I found plenty of 4x4's with the V8
and an automatic and a few 2x4's with the V8 and an the 5 speed. So I
settled for an automatic. Be prepared to do a long search over a large
area if you don't want to settle on anything.