Re: 5 speed Manual questions

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@enchantedbookstore.com)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2009 - 20:37:18 EST

Friend of mine has the 4.7L with the 5 speed and it's definitely fun,
but they're so rare. He ordered it new from a dealership in Chicago.
They tried to talk him out of the 5 speed and had never even seen a
Dakota with a manual before. They were surprised how well it drove and
how smoothly it shifted. I guess people are still thinking of truck
manuals as being like the old 4 speed manuals with heavy clutches and
having to force them in to gear. I've seen a couple of V6 5 speeds
browsing Craigslist (which is why I asked), but I've yet to see a 318
with one...

MattB