RE: Shuts Downs

From: Garret Lewis (ladysmithgwl@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2009 - 13:48:19 EST

I had a similar problem with my 1997, 318 Dakota. Turned out it was the
coil. I had replaced the factory coil with an Accel high performance/output
coil. After driving for several months without any problems, my truck would
just shut off. It easily restarted; but, it would just shut off. I took
the Accel coil off and put the factory coil back on and didn't have any
troubles. Accel sent me a new coil and I ran that one for several years
until the problem occurred again. Replacement of the Accel coil fixed the
problem. So, you might want to check the coil and its wiring.

Hope that helps,
Garret