Re: 1998 Dak loses power while driving

From: Geoffrey Hausheer (dakota1998@phracturedblue.com)
Date: Sun Feb 15 2009 - 20:18:44 EST

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:
> Yup...sounds like a cat to me too. How much exhaust flow is coming out of
> the tailpipe when the engine stalls and restarts?
>
> - Bernd

Well, I've never been able to reproduce while sitting in my driveway,
so I don't really know. The truck only has 50k miles on it. It
starts fine, and there doesn't seem to be any hesitation when reving
or accelerating and exhaust seems normal while reving in the driveway.
 If I pull the cat will I be able to easily tell if it's plugged? the
cat seems to be welded to a 3ft length on the input side which is
twisted enough that I doubt I can see directly through to it.

I don't know exactly what you mean. If I push in the clutch, the
engine drops rapidly to 0rpm, there is no response to throttle, so I'd
consider the engine to be off.

.Geoff