RE: R134A - where to check pressure & add ??

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2009 - 15:06:42 EST

You can check it at the low-side (small fitting) but it's not really a good
idea - especially with those store-purchased "on the can" gauges. (They're
VERY misleading - I have one in my toolbox to show people that they are not
accurate.)

The High side port is larger than the low-side. Do NOT charge on the
high-side at all - bad idea.

If you're low, you'll need to find out why and where the leak is first -
otherwise, it's just a waste of money on topping off the A/C system...which
is also a bad idea. Unless you know how much is in there, don't just top it
off.

- Bernd