Re: Re: Dodge Ram Stuff Again

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Apr 03 2009 - 22:18:38 EDT

Mike Sykes wrote:

Miggity Miggity Mike!!!

> Maybe they finally bit it after blowing up all of those engines.... or maybe
> the people who are serious about performance got real blowers by reputable
> companies =)

Hmm - ok I had no heard about problems with Powerdyne units - then agian I'm not real up to
date on the companies out there who make blowers.

> Haven't heard much from Paxton either, and their kit for 4.7's has been
> discontinued...

Well that sucks - any suggestions for someone out there who does make kits for, say... a 2001
Ram 360 V8?

>>>would 4.56's wake it up and get it back in the power/fuel economy
>
> band? I googled this and determined according to a tire size/gear ration
> calcualtor - that my
> tire change should have a corrisponding axle ratio of approx 4.48 - which
> the closest size
> would be 4.56. Pros? Cons? Whatever thoughts etc?<<
>
> You will definitely feel a difference with 4.56's. Gears are a great
> upgrade, but make sure you get a good kit that includes a pinion shaft,
> otherwise you have to have a notch machined into your exiting one which will
> leave the truck laid up for a couple of days and cost you about $100. Don't
> slouch on the gears, otherwise you'll be spending twice as much fixing them
> over and over and over.
>
> - miggity

Good info man - thanks. But I admit I always assumes rin and pinion's were matched? I
automatically assumed I would need to change both. You mean to say there are people who change
just the ring and then alter the pinion, vs replacement of the pinion?

"Man is the only kind of varmint [who] sets his own trap, baits it, then steps in it"
-John Steinbeck