Re: DML Digest V5 #3695

From: SandMan (sandman1969@cableone.net)
Date: Sat Apr 04 2009 - 03:11:07 EDT

> Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 20:34:50 -0700
> From: Matt Beazer <teseract@moparhowto.com>
> Subject: DML: Finally bought a Dakota...
>
> It's a 1995 4x4, 318, club cab, buckets with center console, 133k
> miles. Seems to run pretty well. I need to buy a heat gun and some
> adhesive remover and get the stupid retro stripes, though:
>
> http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/newdakota-02.jpg
> http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/newdakota-03.jpg
>

> It has an ABS light, anyone know how to tell if it's rear wheel only or
> 4 wheel abs?
>
> Thanks,
>
> MattB

Matt, I had a 92' Dakota 4x4 CC about 10 years ago, was only 4 things wrong
with it:
1. It was only the V-6, great on gas but piss poor on torque, transmission
was always "hunting".
2. The turning radius was awful!!! My old full-size F@rd would turn
circles inside what the Dak could do.
3. I drove a 99' Dak... I wanted the V-8 plus full time 4x4, then the gas
prices went up... Ouch... 10-12mpg. Maybe I should have kept the V-6 after
all???
4. 92' was one of the years w/ bad paint...

Don't get me wrong here, I loved that truck at the time, despite its flaws.
Had 125K on it at the point of purchase, I had to put a waterpump on it
(pain in the butt) & new shocks. So & spent $200 bucks in repairs plus
normal expenses (gas & oil changes) for 2 years, that ol' truck did good by
me. You'll enjoy the Dak, plus where else do you find a brotherhood of
ownership like this?

SandMan
99' Dakota CC, 318cid, 4x4 mostly stock ;-(