Re: Source for dash illumination light bulbs?

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Sun Apr 05 2009 - 22:48:40 EDT

On Sunday 05 April 2009 04:46 pm, Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:
> http://www.superbrightleds.com

I don't see anything like a soldered-in bulb there. Lots of nice socketed and
wedge-base stuff, though.

> That's where I had purchased all of the LED replacement bulbs in my
> Dakota...including the cluster.

Did you convert all of your dash bulbs to LEDs?

This isn't a LED, though it's about the size and shape of a T 1-3/4 LED, and
it fooled me at first, until I peeled off the condom and saw the broken
filament in it.. It's a real regular light bulb with a "bulb condom" over it
to make it look kinda like a LED if you don't look too closely at it.

I don't know what else to call the "bulb condom", that's what the amusement
and vending people call them. It's a little rubber sleeve shaped like, well,
a condom, and it fits over the light bulb to change the colour of it.

If you're looking for inexpensive LED conversion bulbs for #44, #555, #89, or
#906 bulbs, Terry @ Pinball Life (http://www.pinballlife.com/) has them.