Re: Source for dash illumination light bulbs?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Apr 05 2009 - 23:13:57 EDT

David Gersic <info@zaccaria-pinball.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 05 April 2009 04:41 pm, John Dunlap wrote:
>> http://www.bulbtown.com/L_E_D_LIGHT_BULBS_s/745.htm

> Hm. Hunting on there, this may have been a "bi pin base" bulb, just not
> socketed but soldered on. I don't see any of those in a 12V model, though.
> Grr.. More hunting...

   Since soldering will be required anyway, have you considered
purchasing one of those "built-in-resistor" style LED lamps? (Sorry,
I don't recall what the official name for them are; I'm sure you're
familiar with them, basically they are an LED but they have a resistor
built-in to the package such that you don't need to worry about an
external one.) Something like that would be a direct replacement, and
even if the size is a bit different, I don't think you'd notice since
its mounted behind the dash.

   Anyhoo, just a thought in case you haven't considered it already.

   A couple of sources that I have used in the past, (in case you
are still looking) would be MPJA and BG Micro (both easily found via
Google). They both carry some weird stuff, BG Micro expecially since
they often have a lot of components and parts pulled from working
equipment. Somebody like Allied Electronics which seems to carry just
about everything may be able to source something closer to what is on
the board now.

   If 'twere me though, I'd probably be tempted to just solder in one
of those built-in-resistor LED lamp thingies and call it a day. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-