Re: Dodge dealer employees check in.

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Apr 13 2009 - 16:03:00 EDT

On Mon, April 13, 2009 2:07 pm, jon@dakota-truck.net said:

> I'd hazard a guess though that sooner or later, the manufacturers
> are just going to start making everything to CA specs to save costs,
> if they haven't already.

That's what I was wondering, but I didn't know one way or the other.

I remember in the mid 90's when I was vehicle shopping in Utah, every new car
sticker listed something called "High altitude emissions package." I've never
been able to find out what that means, or why it's necessary. Maybe they just
have to tune the vehicles for the lower octane fuel or something.

It just makes me wonder how much difference there really is between cars
shipped to different areas of the country. Mostly just curious, although it
can make a difference for someone like Barry who's shopping across state
lines.