RE: Re: Re: Leaking power steering fluid

From: Brian (hskr@cox.net)
Date: Sun May 17 2009 - 14:59:19 EDT

I don't think the leaking power steering fluid had anything to do with your
O2 sensor failure as the two aren't even close together. As far as the
power steering pressure switch, I've never seen one on a Dakota. Not saying
that certain model years didn't have it, I've just never seen one. It could
be a fuse, but if the fuse was bad then all your O2s would be failing. And
some model years didn't have O2 sensor fuses either. You might just have a
bad sensor or two. If you've never changed them, it will only benefit you
in performance to put in new ones. Just don't buy the Bosch O2s from the
parts stores. Have heard of several having problems with them right out of
the box.

brian cropp