Re: RE: RE: RE: RE: Re: Re: Leaking power steering fluid

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun May 17 2009 - 21:49:12 EDT

"Brian" <hskr@cox.net> wrote:

> Like I said, not sure if your '97 is the same as my '99 was. There may just
> be two. Probably one right before and one right after the cat on top of the
> pipe.

   I don't have a '97 either, but I'm pretty sure there will only be 2
sensors on his truck. I installed an exhaust system on Bob Tom's '97
318 many moons ago and removed the O2 sensors prior to welding it up.
I don't remember there being more than the "usual" (for me) two.
Actually, until your post just now, I didn't realize the '99s were
different. I figured the 4 sensor sillyness didn't come into play
until the 4.7L arrived.

   The upstream sensor on his '97 should be just after where the down
tubes merge into one pipe and the downstream is probably within a foot
or two after the cat.

--
                                          -Jon-