Re: 97-04 2wd Dak Front Wheel Bearings

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun May 24 2009 - 15:05:57 EDT

Terrible Tom <silvereightynine@aol.com> wrote:
> I didn't take a close enough look at the hub, but (assuming its a
> 2wd) pressing the bearing in and out of the hub (which I still think
> is not worth bothering with) should not be hampered by the ABS ring
> thats is on the hub.

   I'm trying to remember from when I helped Jason replace his hubs...
This might be wrong, but I *think* the way it was is all of the hubs
had the ABS ring, but its not used in the trucks without ABS in the
front - its just kinda "there"?

   Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that was my
recollection - that the hubs had the ABS ring cast or machined right
into the hub itself.

--
                                          -Jon-