Re: Taurus Fan Update

From: Kurt Cypher (kcypher42.lists@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 05 2009 - 12:37:19 EDT

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 5:30 AM, Matt Beazer <teseract@moparhowto.com> wrote:

> Apparently they didn't want another fan broken as they shipped it in a huge
> box:
>
> http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/radfan/fan_box.jpg

Still wouldn't have stopped a UPS guy with a forklift ramming a hole
through the box. Happened to me when shipping a computer monitor for
warranty service at work. The service center refused to accept it for
warranty work due to the case of the monitor being seriously cracked,
indicating an impact. UPS declined the insurance claim due to
"insufficient packaging." Upon return, I noticed a
forklift-blade-shaped hole in the side of the box, right about where
the damage to the monitor was. I'm sorry, no amount of packaging,
beyond putting it in an extremely huge box would've protected that
monitor from a forklift blade. Unfortunately, it would've been hard
to prove it was a UPS forklift-driving gorilla, and not one of our own
shipping/receiving folks, or the monitor service center's that did the
damage, so my boss decided to just write off the monitor (which was
fine with me, because that make/model was crap anyhow). On a side
note, even after the forklift incident, the monitor still worked
exactly as well as it had before.

(UPS rant over)

At least FedEx owned up to it before it even got to you, which saved
you a little time and hassle getting it returned for a replacement.
That's a plus.

Kurt