Re: Wheel Bearing

From: Eric (huffy340@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 21 2009 - 04:06:20 EDT

> a "squeak squeak squeak" noise whos frequency is speed dependent
> coming from what sounds like the passenger side.
>
> I thought it was perhaps the brake pad dragging slightly but the
> noise doesn't decrease with brake pressure. Is this a wheel
> bearing going?

I can't say for sure, but i don't think you would get a squeak like
that out of a bearing until it was very bad to where you should
be hearing other symptoms (like a lot of noise at speed).

It could be something on the brakes that's not the pad itself.

I had the squeak squeak once that turned out to be the hub cap
moving a little with wheel (really: the hubcap was messed up, and
taking it off solved the squeak).

But, you can check the bearing by jacking the truck up and seeing
if there is any play in it.