Re: "If I mistreat you girl, ah sho' don't mean no harm... "

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Jun 21 2009 - 15:12:19 EDT

Terrible Tom wrote:

> I think I've lost it. The drive, the ambition, the insane goals of
> overhauling a 4x4 in less than a week. Whats happened to me?
>
> I've become consumed with lawn care, yard work, home remodeling
> projects... paying off bills and budgeting every dime.
>
> I bought a riding lawn mower!!! (used, for a good deal however) But for
> 7 years I catagorically refused to buy one of those because I didn;t
> want to turn into Mr Jones and the green thumb bastard from hell, with
> the perfect felt lawn, snubbing hose nose at everone else with
> dandelions in their yard.
>
> What happened to the young rogue screwball doing engine swaps in under a
> week, with no sleep, and not knowing what the hell he was getting into?
> Wha' the hell happened to the guy who thought he could fix it all with a
> stick of bubble gun and some bailing wire?
>
> I got promoted, I got transfered, I got stuffed in a dead end 9-5... I
> got morgages on homes, I got stiffness in mah bones!!
>
> THIS IS BULLSHIT!! Since when did I care about proper lawn
> fertilization!? When did I start giving a damn if I had up to date
> stylish kitchen appliances!!!
>
> Its time I threw off the yolk of suburbian residental slavery and got
> filthy under a truck. I need to eat some grease, bust some knuckles...
> fix an old beater 4x4,CRANK SOME TUNES!!! HIT THE ROAD!! Get back on
> the highway!!! Run some compact blue cars off the road!!! Drive in some
> mud!!!
>
> You think I've been nuts before?
>
> AH'M JUST GETTIN' WARMED UP!!!!!

As Rant's go, 6/10. But it reminded me of this:

Choose life.
Choose a job.
Choose a career.
Choose a family,
Choose a fucking big television
Choose washing machines, cars,
compact disc players, and electrical tin openers.
Choose good health, low cholesterol
and dental insurance.
Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments.
Choose a starter home.
Choose your friends.
Choose leisure wear and matching luggage.
Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase
in a range of fucking fabrics.
Choose DIY and wondering who you
are on a Sunday morning.
Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing
sprit-crushing game shows
Stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth.
Choose rotting away at the end of it all,
pishing you last in a miserable home
Nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish,
fucked-up brats
You have spawned to replace yourself.
Choose your future. Choose life.
I chose not to Choose life, I chose something else....