Re: Sorta O/T: Trying to buy a new truck rant

From: Eric (huffy340@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 21 2009 - 15:04:14 EDT

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:38:22 EDT Olznut@aol.com wrote:

> Even though I live in sunny So Cal, I see more 4x4's as well.
> Mine seems to be a rarity.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them are for style or the "just
in case" that never turns out to be the case. I do see some that
are nice and muddy/scratched up, so those are obviously getting
used. But i see a lot here in SoCal that look so good it's hard to
believe they saw anything rough.

Is there anything to that? For you guys that do a lot of off
roading, is it possible to keep the truck looking great?

I've just done a little "off roading" on the way to remote
campsites and i have scratches from the bushes. They could
probably be buffed out, i just don't do anything about it.