Re: RE: DML Digest V5 #3769

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Jun 21 2009 - 16:06:02 EDT

"Walter Felix" <Walt@walt-n-ingrid.com> wrote:

> I don't know for sure about 87 but in 88, the 5th digit was either N (4x2)
> or R (4x4).

> 1989 is when they started listing G (Dakota/Shelby, Dakota, Dakota Sport
> 4x4) or L (Dakota/Shelby, Dakota, Dakota Sport 4x2)

> I confirmed this in my 88 and 89 FSMs. I don't have one for 1987.

  Excellent - thanks, Walt! That's a mystery solved. The earliest
Dakota FSM I have is 1990, so mine just showed the G and L. Must be
the N and R were just used for those first two years. I've added the
N and R to the Dakota VIN decoder, so that's been able to be improved
a bit as well.

  Thanks again!

--
                                          -Jon-