Re: Sorta O/T: Trying to buy a new truck rant

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 22 2009 - 13:45:02 EDT

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Eric<huffy340@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there anything to that? For you guys that do a lot of off
> roading, is it possible to keep the truck looking great?

There are a bunch of things you can legitimately use your 4x4 for
which don't have to beat it up cosmetically. Driving in the snow, for
example. One could routinely rinse the road salt off, wash and wax to
keep the new shine. Boat hauling is another example. I don't like the
idea of launching a boat with a RWD pickup... not that it can't be
done, I just don't trust a light rear end and RWD to get me off a wet,
slippery launch ramp.

That being said, however... anyone who's seen my truck knows it hasn't
been cosmetically babied (I also didn't buy it in pristine condition).
I haven't been on a trail that didn't whack me with a branch or two or
dozens.

Don in CT
89 Dak Vert 318 NV3500 4x4
98 JeepGC