RE: Brake Booster

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Mon Jul 13 2009 - 08:59:41 EDT

Remove the vacuum line from the booster and plug it. See if there is any
change in the brakes. While it's off, grab a long ziptie (or wire), and use
it as a dipstick. Run it through the hole on the booster, all the way down.
Pull it up, if there is ANY fluid, it's contaminated. Booster and Master
Cylinder need replacing.

As for the hole, it would have to be either a large hole or not connected
for the booster not to work. And...if the line it loose, you would also
have other driveability issues, along with a loud sucking noise.

- Bernd