Re: Brake Booster

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Jul 13 2009 - 09:02:05 EDT

Hop <hopsdak@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
> The dak has been sitting for a month and I fired it up yesterday.
> Fired up fine other than the cat rattling till she warmed up.
> I went for a cruise to the carwash and the brakes feel weak.
> It stops if you really cram on the binders. It's almost as if the booster isn't boosting. Is there a vac hose that goes to the booster?

   Yes, 3/8" ID I believe - runs from the brake booster to the intake
manifold. Pop your hood and take a gander at the booster, or feel
around in that area - it should be pretty easy to find.

   If you've got a Mighty Vac or something similar which will pull
15-20" of vacuum, you can use it to check the hose and the booster.

--
                                          -Jon-