Re: ball joint service kit?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Jul 28 2009 - 00:22:38 EDT

ffastje <ffastje@cox.net> wrote:
> I was wondering if any one knows if the ball joint kit
> from harbor freight would fit on 1999 Dakota 4X4 or does
> anyone know the diameter of the lower ball joints?
> They also have a 4X4 kit but only online not at my local store.

   I can't tell you if it will fit on a '99 Dakota unfortunately, but
I do have that kit (p/n 38335), so if you need any measurements of the
components of anything, just let me know and I'd be happy to provide
them. I haven't actually had an opportunity to use mine yet (saw it
at a really good price when they were on sale and couldn't resist) so
I can't give a firsthand report, but it looks like a pretty beefy kit
to me.

   Yes, it is made in China. No surprise there.

--
                                          -Jon-