Re: Christine is off the road indefinitely.

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Aug 03 2009 - 00:41:28 EDT

Dustin Williams wrote:

> My 1994 4x4 cc is still for sale. It spent one year in Michigan other
> than that it's all been in Oregon and Washington so minimal rust. If
> you want it we can make a deal. The engine is a v8 and solid, recently
> rebuild transmission, transfercase and torque converter.
>
> Dustin

Very tempting, man! I've seen pics of your truck and its nice alright. My vehicular situation
is somewhat up in the air however. I'm looking at thinning out the herd right now. A 3/4 ton
4x4 really would suit my needs better. I've been running over the options, I've looked at at
least 6 dealerships this weekend. Crunched trade in $$ values... laid out sinarios for trade
ins and what to keep what to dump...

I'm really liking the 2010 HD redesigns. The 2010 Power Wagon has me drooling. Certain
individuals are trying to tell me to get a diesel... dunno if I trust the 6.7 however.

My green 1995 CC 4x4 parts truck is almost certainly going to be junked at this point. (if
anyone wants some Gen II parts - better get em from me soon - truck isn't going to be around
long) Christine is on hold. Pending frame options. I'm being urged by some to get rid of her.
  I don't think I can. I've been through too much with that truck. I've been known to say
that I'd rebuild her under any circumstance, save for total fire loss.

As for the Ram...

At 68,000+ miles, The way its been driving...I'm going on the assumption that my Ram needs a
transmission rebuild. It needs front end work too. I'm sure most of the front steering parts
are shot. Belly pan gasket is blown, nice puddle of oil in the back of the intake. (stupid two
piece intake manifold!!) I know the track bar is junk. If I keep it, I'm going to throw some
upgrade parts (beefy steering shaft, beefy track bar). But I estimate that its going to set me
back about $3500 to get it where its a dependable daily driver again. And I'm back to having
jacked up, regular cab, short box, 1/2 ton truck, sitting on 35 inch tires, that isn't good for
towing or hauling.

I'm my own worst enemy. heh. I put myself in this position and I need too figure a way out of
it. I'm tired of wrenching constantly. I'm at the point in my life where I no longer look
forward to marathon wrenching to get an engine swap in, in 3 days. I could be spending all
this time up at my cabin. Or who knows, perhaps even attempt to get the female population to
acknowledge my existence.

"Man is the only kind of varmint [who] sets his own trap, baits it, then steps in it"
-John Steinbeck