Re: Christine is off the road indefinitely.

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Aug 03 2009 - 10:18:59 EDT

Barry Oliver <barrysuperhawk@comcast.net> wrote:

> Wouldn't it be easier to tack on a few inches of frame rail at the end
> than some of the other options...heck I know for a fact Tom doesent use
> that last few inches of frame for anything useful like a bumper....

   It would, but unfortunately there is a wheelbase difference. The
additional length of the long bed over the short bed and the club cab
over both isn't just at the end of the truck, they streched it in the
middle.

   The regular cab's wheelbase is 112", the long bed's is another foot
at 124" and the club cab adds another 7" to 131" (dimensions
approximate). The body of the long bed and club cab are less than an
inch different in length, but the wheels are 7" further apart in the
club cab. (I dunno why - seems like it would have been easier to
simply use the long bed's frame and just change a couple of the cab
and bed mounts, but they must have a reason to go to that extra
trouble and expense?)

--
                                          -Jon-