Re: Christine is off the road indefinitely.

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Aug 05 2009 - 10:45:46 EDT

On Tue, August 4, 2009 10:10 pm, Terrible Tom wrote:

> They also require proof of insurance for a full year prior to the trade
> in. Christine has not had insurance on her since 2003.

I wasn't thinking Christine so much as the Ram. They have to chemically
destroy the engine, which I don't think anyone wants to see happen to that
motor you just put in there (unless you swapped the old one back). You
seemed to be pretty down on all the minor annoyances the Ram is giving
you, and like you said, a heavier duty truck would be a lot more useful to
you. Come to think of it though, the Ram is probably worth more than
$4500 as a trade in. And I'm guessing your '95 isn't in what they would
consider "driveable" condition, never mind the insurance requirement :-).
Sounds like it's not all that great an idea in your case, I didn't really
think it through before mentioning it.

Oh well. They don't have that program up here, and I can't afford a new
car anyway, so it looks like my Dak is safe for the time being.