Re: Christine is off the road indefinitely.

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 11:24:10 EDT

Jason Bleazard wrote:

> On Tue, August 4, 2009 10:10 pm, Terrible Tom wrote:
>
>>They also require proof of insurance for a full year prior to the trade
>>in. Christine has not had insurance on her since 2003.
>

> I wasn't thinking Christine so much as the Ram. They have to chemically
> destroy the engine, which I don't think anyone wants to see happen to that
> motor you just put in there (unless you swapped the old one back).

Yeah when I found out that they were wrecking the engines, my guts got all twisted up. Seems
such a waste. Our outside salesman at work had to locate the stuff for the dealers to use.
Its a specific formulation designed to do just that - drain the oil out and run this stuff
through to seize the engine.

> You
> seemed to be pretty down on all the minor annoyances the Ram is giving
> you, and like you said, a heavier duty truck would be a lot more useful to
> you. Come to think of it though, the Ram is probably worth more than
> $4500 as a trade in.

Oh yeah, I know the Ram inside and out. I have however, comitted to keeping it, at least for
another few years. I spent all last weekend trying to figure out what to do and I decided
doing nothing was best right now. I'm going to have to dump some money into the Ram to keep it
on the road, but its far cheaper than a new truck. Plus if I was to buy a new truck, I would
have to trade in the Civic. And that is not something I want to do. That car is the only
vehicular purchase I made that I didn't regret. Great gas milage, great style and looks,
sporty and fun to drive. Its a great car. I just wish it was a Dodge LOL

> And I'm guessing your '95 isn't in what they would
> consider "driveable" condition, never mind the insurance requirement :-).
> Sounds like it's not all that great an idea in your case, I didn't really
> think it through before mentioning it.

Yeah the 95 does not qualify. Its been up on jack stands for a few years. Its not even legally
mine. I never signed the title to get a new one LOL.

> Oh well. They don't have that program up here, and I can't afford a new
> car anyway, so it looks like my Dak is safe for the time being.

Glad to hear you will keep it :D

"Man is the only kind of varmint [who] sets his own trap, baits it, then steps in it"
-John Steinbeck