Re: DML BBQ: Glasses recovered. :-)

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Aug 18 2009 - 11:44:51 EDT

Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:
> On Aug 17, 2009, at 5:22 PM, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

>> For those of you who weren't aware of it already, during the DML
>> BBQ on Sunday afternoon while a group of us were checking out the
>> flood results near the lower falls, I dropped my glasses into a rather
>> large pool, about 15 feet deep. Diving down to find them at the time
>> was not successful and quickly abandoned due to the depth, darkness
>> and debris on the bottom.

> I'd have to assume this is the slightly-further-downstream newly
> enlarged swimming hole area? Even deeper than we were guessing.

  Yep! I would have never guessed the depth by looking at it - I
figured maybe 5 feet or so. I had my swim trunks on Sunday so I waded
in, and very quickly couldn't touch bottom anymore. I didn't think to
take my glasses off at the time because I didn't figure I would be
going completely underwater. Failed to touch the bottom on my first
attempt, but got there on the second. My glasses came off when I
pushed off the bottom to get some much needed air. :-)

  I thought about trying to take a more accurate measurement when I
went back for the glasses, but was in a bit of a hurry to get back
since I had lots of work to get done. Its at least 15 feet though.

  If anybody comes driving down the stream, thinking that section is
the same as before, they are in for a mighty surprise if they try to
drive through there. ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-