Condenser repair or replace

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Wed Aug 19 2009 - 09:50:10 EDT

Tom C writes: >> Could the condenser be removed,
CLEANED and taken top a good aluminum welder for repair of
these joints? <<

Personally I'd replace with new.. I'm sure that a GOOD
RELIABLE aluminum welder could repair the old one,
but i would think that it is being eaten away slowly by
something corrosive, so the remainder of the condenser
would be suspect... Just MYHO... I'm not sure if R134A
or R12 either are corrosive, but something ate away the
area of the leak.. Could have been vibration caused it,
but I don't see how that could be either...

Forgive your enemies. It messes up their heads.

Azie