Passed emissions!

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 25 2009 - 16:27:32 EDT

For the first time in 4 years, I got the truck emissions tested
(because of a timing error or oversight by the DMV I was able to
re-register in '07 before my emissions expired). Last time I got
tested, the truck had a TBI V6... and it took me 3 tries to just
barely pass the test (within a few PPM of the HC limit).

Well after quite an ordeal this time, I got tested (the shop made me
fix a new brake line leak and leaky axle seals before they would
test... and they they wouldn't test because my rear tires were in bad
shape... long story). In CT they test you against the configuration
indicated by the VIN. So they were testing my '94 MPI 5.2L against the
limits defined for an '89 TBI 3.9L. I passed with flying colors.
Here's the details:

Tested at 1585 RPM, test weight 3875

HC (PPM)
Limit: 160
Emissions: 128

CO (%)
Limit: 2.49
Emissions: 1.02

NOx (PPM)
Limit: 3231
Emissions: 1053

Unfortunately Carfax will probably now show odometer fraud since the
last time I tested at ~250k and now I'm at 235k. Oh well. I have no
plans to sell it. And it's obviously not original... there's no
question I changed the dash!

Don in CT