ATF fountain

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Tue Aug 25 2009 - 21:51:24 EDT

Finally changed the ATF in my transfer case, I tried once before but was
shot down by the 30mm wrench needed to get the drain plug out due to the
vicinity of the cross member to the drain plug (as in, the 1-1.5" of
space they give you to get at it). I also love the effect you get of
the hot ATF pouring out the hole onto the curved face of the
crossmember, making a nice fan-shaped ATF spray all over the floor and
all over you. Wheee! Thank you Chrysler engineers for that stroke of
brilliance, I enjoy washing ATF out of my hair. I also enjoyed the
lovely location of the oil filter. My armpits needed a dose of used
engine oil, my arms swing so freely now with the extra lube!

At least I changed the o-rings on the speed/distance sensor on the
sensor and on the adapter into the transfer case. They were seeping ATF
just like I thought. I'll let it sit for a few days to see if it leaks
and maybe finally get my skidplates back on.

MattB