Re: ATF fountain

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Wed Aug 26 2009 - 12:48:19 EDT

>>Thank you Chrysler engineers for that stroke of
brilliance, I enjoy washing ATF out of my hair<<

 What year is your truck? I don't recall transmission pans having ever had
drain plugs on a Dakota. Chrysler recommends you change the filter every
time you change the fluid, so putting in a drain plug would be
counterproductive. I haven't crawled around under enough 45RFE trucks to
notice if they have drain plugs from the factory, but they recommend filter
changes with every fluid change also. (will void 7/70 powertrain if you
don't change the filter with every fluid change). hmmm

- miggity
00 R/T CC ... mods, I has them.