Re: DML 09 AAR...that's after action report

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Aug 26 2009 - 17:23:17 EDT

On Aug 22, 2009, at 17:20 , Zito, James A (GE Infra, Energy) wrote:

> Other bits, twisted and otherwise.....
>
> i. Mike I want you to link to pictures of the front outer stub shafts
> that got broken @ the upper falls.

Here ya go!

<http://picasaweb.google.com/tepidcola/DakotaPartsAndPieces>

Broken stock 30 spline mild steel stubs now replaced with 35 spline
chromoly with new lockouts to match. the remains of the spindle
bearings were - fittingly - a real bear to remove.

front axle ujoints should now be my weak point.

I broke my rear driveshaft on the way down to wheel this past weekend,
ordeal of driving and fetching without any wheeling.
<http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss43/mrmindless/Rausch%20Creek%2020090821/P1000624.jpg

said goodbye to my Jetta
<http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss43/mrmindless/Rausch%20Creek%2020090821/P1000629.jpg

<http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss43/mrmindless/Rausch%20Creek%2020090821/P1000630.jpg

hopefully I'll have my 12v Ram somewhere around the first week of
September. It's busy getting a new head, otherwise I'd have picked it
up then - oil in the coolant led to suspected bad head gasket lead to
discovery of minor cracks between the valve seats so it's getting a
new head instead of just freshened.
<http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/zucruisers/the%20dirty%20dually/DSC02053.jpg

<http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/zucruisers/the%20dirty%20dually/DSC02054.jpg

Mike