Re: I have been to the end of the world, and seen the damned...

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 27 2009 - 07:47:51 EDT

TTom wrote:

> One Gen II V8 4x4, 5 speed - little rusty but not bad... (RARE power train
> combo... that hurts..)

That does hurt :( I searched nearly a year before I found mine.

> What hurts more... is a pretty much eat-off-the-engine clean Gen I, 4x4, long
> bed, regular cab, Dodge Dakota.  Power locks, windows, mirrors, auto,
> fiberglass bed cap... its brown with brown interior... not the color I would go
> for.  A look at the frame in the dark seems to reveal rusty stuff, but it might
> be surface only.  I couldn't get a really good look, but the common rust-out
> spots are not rusted out.  The inner splash shields are even in great shape.

Brown on brown... Ma did pick some pretty colors. Let us know how it
goes! We might have to name this one Ex-lax if you manage to buy it.

Hey I took a different way home last night and Bolton Motors has a Gen
1 long bed reg cab 4x4 in red. There's no 'for sale' sign on it... it
might just be there for repair. (They're a decent repair shop that
sometimes has used cars for sale.) Anyway, I can inquire futher if
you'd like. Would be only 10-15 miles from where you picked up
Christine.

Don in CT