Re: I have been to the end of the world, and seen the damned...

From: SilverEightynine@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 27 2009 - 11:13:26 EDT

In article <f41ff3ad0908270447y6c5a7744w56acd914eb77fbeb@mail.gmail.com>,
radon220@gmail.com (Don Rey) writes:

> TTom wrote:
> >
> > One Gen II V8 4x4, 5 speed - little rusty but not bad... (RARE power train
> > combo... that hurts..)
>
> That does hurt :( I searched nearly a year before I found mine.
>

> > What hurts more... is a pretty much eat-off-the-engine clean Gen I, 4x4,
long
> > bed, regular cab, Dodge Dakota.  Power locks, windows, mirrors, auto,
> > fiberglass bed cap... its brown with brown interior... not the color I
would go
> > for.  A look at the frame in the dark seems to reveal rusty stuff, but it
might
> > be surface only.  I couldn't get a really good look, but the common
rust-out
> > spots are not rusted out.  The inner splash shields are even in great
shape.

> Brown on brown... Ma did pick some pretty colors. Let us know how it
> goes! We might have to name this one Ex-lax if you manage to buy it.
>
> Hey I took a different way home last night and Bolton Motors has a Gen
> 1 long bed reg cab 4x4 in red. There's no 'for sale' sign on it... it
> might just be there for repair. (They're a decent repair shop that
> sometimes has used cars for sale.) Anyway, I can inquire futher if
> you'd like. Would be only 10-15 miles from where you picked up
> Christine.
>
> Don in CT

Dealer was not helpful, told me they were under contract with a local salvage
yard. Called salvage yard, they were hesitant to tell me anything, said they
all have to be crushed.

I'm getting more pissed off by the moment.

I gave them my name and number, he said call back in a week or so. I'm going
to see if I can get them to strip the drive trains and sell me the rest. I'd
love to get my hands on that 5 speed Gen II 4x4