Re: I have been to the end of the world, and seen the damned...

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu Aug 27 2009 - 13:02:36 EDT

On Thu, August 27, 2009 11:13 am, SilverEightynine@aol.com wrote:

> I gave them my name and number, he said call back in a week or so.

I forgot to mention, there's also a CARS Hotline at 1-866-CAR-7891. I'd
say go in with the printout of the rules, highlight the parts where it
says they're allowed to sell parts, and offer to call the hotline to
verify. Make it clear that you're highly motivated and willing to make it
worth their while, but you're not asking them to bend any rules or get
them in trouble, and do whatever it takes to calm their fears. They face
pretty serious fines if any "clunkers" make it back on the road, so I'm
sure they're playing it ultra careful just to be on the safe side. I'm
guessing they've been getting a lot of calls from people with the "nobody
will notice if you bend the rules for me" attitude, make it clear you're
not one of those.

IMHO, the more work you do to prove that they're allowed to do this, the
more willing they're going to be to listen.