RE: RE: 99 Dak options

From: Brian (hskr@cox.net)
Date: Sun Sep 20 2009 - 16:54:17 EDT

>cap, rotor, wires, plugs at 90K

You replaced cap/rotor/plugs and wires at 90K and now have 150K?? I'd say
you are over do for a set of plugs and a new cap/rotor.

> Running slotted/dimpled rotors [bought them from socaldakota but I don't
>remember what brand] and Ceramic pads. I should have excellent brakes,
>but apparently this combo doesent like each other...

I don't like ceramic pads. Too hard and never worked good for me. Stick to
the non-ceramic pads. Softer material means better braking, but shorter pad
life. I'd rather swap pads every 30K miles than compromise on my braking.
Also, if you've never manually adjusted your rear drums, then they aren't
helping you any with stopping.

And pop your airhat off and peer down into the manifold. Unless you have
the Hughes(or equivalent) billet plenum pan, or put on a M1 intake manifold
with no plenum gasket, they will eventually leak again.

Get some Lucas Oil fuel injector cleaner. Comes in a little bottle usually
between $4-$6 each. Get a couple bottles. Use one per fill up on your next
two tanks and you should notice a difference. Also do the Seafoam if you
never have before.

May want to double check all your vacuum lines, and just because the guy at
the muffler shop says there shouldn'tt be anything to worry about doesn't
mean there isn't an exhaust leak, but it shouldn't cause that much of a
difference in performance.

brian cropp