'94 HOOD Latch Problem - Cable disconnected

From: rws (rwsam2002@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 11 2009 - 01:34:03 EDT

Been a while.

On my '94 Dakota the hood can't be opened because I believe the hood release cable is disconnected from the primary latch that releases the sprung-pin. Cable just moves freely.

When I look under and through the grill all I can see is the hood safety latch and the bottom of the spring loaded pin coming through the receiver hole. I can't see the cable or primary latch. I think they are sandwiched inside a shallow cavity where the cable feeds through.

Any suggestion on how I would get this opened? I'm pulling my hair on why it was designed like this, if a cable breaks - what's the remedy?

Ron