Re: Mileage with MP PCM

From: Brian (hskr@cox.net)
Date: Wed Oct 14 2009 - 09:58:12 EDT

Running short trips like that, no matter what PCM you are running will
kill your mileage. And if it's your first tank since installing the
PCM, then the PCM is still learning all the fuel adaptiives so it will
have worse gas mileage. After it "learns" the fuel adaptives the fuel
mileage will get better, but you drive a Dakota and it will never be
spectacular. On long trips with the Mopar PCM, I usually got an average
of 16-18mpg. Average "city" driving was about 12-13mpg. And when I was
making short trips like you were for a while, I was averaging about
10-11mpg. It's just the nature of the beast when you make trips that
don't even let your truck warm up to operating temps.