Re: Daktoberfest 2009

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Oct 18 2009 - 00:29:37 EDT

SilverEightynine@aol.com wrote:

> Any ideas on just whats going to happen for Daktoberfest? Or if at all?

   I'm not sure. It doesn't sound like many folks will be able to
make it, but I guess that's not unusual for Daktoberfest. :-) I've
thought about posting something about it, but I'm still not exactly
sure what to do about it. I did think about just cancelling it more
than once :-) but I think it'll probably just end up being basically a
maintenance day or something along those lines. If there does end up
being a "Daktoberfest" it'll definitely be really low key. I'm not
planning to go out and do my usual food buying spree, and if any
offroading gets done I guess will depend on who shows up and what they
feel like doing. :-)

   Considering that the 31st didn't turn out to work out that well for
folks anyway, if you are actually feeling like putting yourself
through that drive again, we could certainly move it to the next
weekend - I guess that would make it a Dakvemberfest. ;-) I dunno if
it would end up being worth the drive, but that's your call. :-)

   One thing to keep in mind with the geocaching is that hunting
season just opened up, so wear lots of orange if you're going to do
that!

--
                                          -Jon-