Re: I'm pissed off... I'm really pissed off...

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Sat Nov 07 2009 - 09:38:13 EST

On Friday 06 November 2009 01:18:30 SilverEightynine@aol.com wrote:
> I want a reliable, easy to maintain, affordable truck... I may as well wish
> for the sky to rain milk duds, for all the good it will do.

Good luck, Tom. I don't think anybody's making, or going to make, anything
even vaguely like this any time soon. Your best bet, really, might be to head
south to get away from the rust belt and buy a well maintained older truck,
from before the time when trucks started sprouting heated leather power ass
cushions and juicebox holders.

Pushbutton 4x4 is pretty much all you can get now. Having a shifter for it
stopped around 1999 or 2000. Manual trans is unusual, too, to say the least.
And I haven't seen a straight axel, even as an option, in quite a while.

I hear you, though. I want as few powered electrical gizmos as possible, since
that's always something that fails. I like my 5 speed, and my manual windows
and non-power-locks. I wanted a 4x4, and had to settle for it being an
electrical one, and yep, that's what failed on me when I needed it.

It might be best to bite the bullet, pick one of your trucks, and pour the
money necessary in to it to build what you want out of it. It'll cost at least
as much as a new truck, probably more, but you won't have to deal with IFS and
a 6' bed on it when you're done.