Re: I'm pissed off... I'm really pissed off...

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Sat Nov 07 2009 - 15:59:22 EST

>>Ok - all you diehard Mopar guys better turn your heads for this next
>>comment...<<<

Tom... Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom ... I think you may have been plagued
by a little bad luck combined with some more hard luck. I'd be discouraged
too.

There are great examples of used trucks out there, you may just have to dig
a little deeper to find them. Dodge has a certified used program, and it's
pretty stringent. I would start there. =)

Don't give up on ma Mopar. She hasn't dealt us the best hand lately, but the
good stuff is out there. A 2500 Cummins w/6spd is available with vinyl
floors and 4 doors in a 4wd, but you may have to really dig for a used
example. Long box 4drs are rare as it is, much less in a cummins with a
manual. You may end up having to compromise. Another option to look into is
the fleet sales guy at your local dealership... they can get option packages
not necessarily available to regular sales associates. (the last dealership
I worked for had a 2500 Cummins 6spd 4dr w/vinyl as a parts truck... they
are out there, and they got it from the fleet sales rep, not through their
regular channels.)

Keep your head up Tom. My premag bit the dust at 256k miles. It still runs,
but doesn't shift out of 2nd. My 2000 R/T has been problem free at 106k.
It's not all doom n' gloom I assure you =)

- miggity
00' R/T CC... mods, I has them.