Re: Re: I'm pissed off...

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Nov 08 2009 - 16:57:46 EST

On Nov 8, 2009, at 3:00 PM, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

>> and that's the other thing I'm thinking about as I wrench on this
>> truck that's nearly what you want (I have carpet and a power driver's
>> seat). I should really buy a spare starter, alternator, and fuel
>> shutoff solenoid to put in a lead box. Those are the ONLY electronic
>> needed to run this truck. and I could rig up a push/pull cable to
>> replace the fuel solenoid.
>

> Yep - I hear the fuel pump (lift pump?) can be a bit finnicky and
> super
> expensive, but fortunately I haven't had any personal experience with
> that on mine.

the lift pumps are notorious for going out on the VP44 (98.5 and newer
- 24v) trucks and then killing the injection pump. on the P7100
trucks (98.0 and older - 12v) they don't go out as often and don't
kill the IP so quickly when they do. I think I recall that your
dually is a 2002 or so? I'd put a fuel pressure gauge or light on it
myself. Cheap insurance.

On Nov 8, 2009, at 2:12 PM, Andy Levy wrote:

> Assuming we like how it drives, we'll be a 2-Subaru family after we
> work out the details on the money.

I've got a friend who works over at Spurr if you don't already have
someone you're talking to....