Re: Re: I'm pissed off...

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Nov 08 2009 - 20:37:38 EST

On Nov 8, 2009, at 6:09 PM, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> I've actually been thinking about getting one of the various "power
> programmers" that are available. I believe there are several
> offerings, but I haven't looked into it far enough to tell which is
> the one to get yet.

a friend of mine with an 02 6sp recently picked up a Quadzilla. It
included an EGT and trans temp probe, most of the rest uses stock
monitoring I believe. It made quite a ridiculous difference in both
power and milage. I don't think you'd have anything at all to worry
about with the NV5600, but the stock clutch may not be up for high
power levels while towing. His is holding so far...

He has 3.55 gears and is running roughly 33" tires, and got something
like 14.6mpg towing his Jeep back from Rausch at around 70mph the
first trip after he got it.

I'm severely jealous but I'm sure that with fixed timing and 4.10
gears my 12v will never compete. I'll be happy if I can get it to
15mpg empty at this point.... I think I should throw a set of
injectors in it and I bet I'll pick up a lot. I advanced my timing
and picked up a LOT of power and a bit of economy already but I really
hate the 4.10s. I like to do 70+ and I'm geared to do about 58. That
resulted in a lot of shopping around when the trans went out, but the
only thing I could do to get more overdrive would be an Allison
automatic swap and I have no interest in that.

Mike