Re: AOL write up on Chrysler changes...

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Nov 09 2009 - 13:09:11 EST

On Sat, November 7, 2009 5:15 pm, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> From what I have read, some insiders have basically said that the
> beginning of the end was when Iacocca picked Eaton as CEO instead of
> Lutz.

>From what I've been reading lately, there were at least five other guys in
line for Iacocca's job, but Lee just wouldn't let go of his death grasp on
the chair.

http://www.allpar.com/corporate/bios/lido.html

I didn't know any of this either, guess I hadn't paid much attention when
it was all going on. I came across it when I was trying to figure out who
this "Maximum" Bob Lutz character was that they kept talking about on
Jalopnik, and why they called him "father of the Viper." I mean, really,
how many 77-year-old executives are willing to publicly issue a challenge
to anyone in ANY production sedan to come see if they can beat him on the
race track. I'm starting to think that if more executives were like Lutz,
the world would be a much more interesting place with more performance
cars and fewer jellybean-shaped transportation appliances.