RE: Opinions: To Shift into

From: knox.james@sympatico.ca
Date: Sun Nov 15 2009 - 21:18:57 EST

 <hdq9ar$nsp$1@bent.twistedbits.net>

Matt : In ice - snow conditions. My 91 Dak automatic 4x4=2C sure grip in hi=
gh or low front wheels engaged=2C decelerate brake pedal on - off pressure =
does the trick. my gear ratio 3.90 =2C ABS on rears.
=20
My rear wheel drive car limted slip=2C traction control switched off=2C 490=
0 lb cadi I've had to shift into Neutral to avoid possible impact=2C if the=
 situation req hard braking. I now run suv tires on it for winter.
=20
For excitment drive your truck at 30 mph on large ice area and engage parki=
ng - emergency brake on. Good training for hydraulic brake line failure :=
-) rusty brake lines fail.
=20
PS : Jon towed my stranded Cadi up a shear ice hill at DML headquarters rat=
her then leave it for spring thaw. Didn't want his neighbors to see a GM on=
 his property :-) =20
=20
Jim=2C 91 Dak 4x4
Banana Belt=2C Canada