'02 Dak Backfiring? /Heater Fan Replacement?

From: ttroidl@bluefrog.com
Date: Mon Nov 23 2009 - 21:33:59 EST

For some reason my 3.9l in my '02 in the past week or so has started to pop through the intake when I step on the gas if under load like in OD and going up a grade or sometimes just taking off... NO engine light, I just put in new plugs and Cap & Rotor.

Any ideas????

Even thought bad Gas, put in Injector Cleaner ran fine last nite 50+ mile trip, today back to the same BS...

Also, I noticed something strange, when I first start it the AC clutch kicks on (ac is OFF heat is ON) runs a short time maybe 30 seconds or so...

this explains the Hissing sound I hear sometimes when I park, I dismissed the AC freon as being the sound as I have HEAT on but now???

Milage is bad enough w/o the AC running cooling off the HEAT I want!

:)

2nd

On my '97 Sport, the Heater fan died, looking in the manual it says I need to remove the whole dashboard to replace it???

Is there an easier shortcut?

I need defrosters!

Thanks much and Everyone have a Happy Turkey Day!!!

Tony.