RE: '02 Dak Backfiring? /Heater Fan Replacement?

From: Brian (hskr@cox.net)
Date: Mon Nov 23 2009 - 23:20:22 EST

If you have your defroster on you're A/C compressor runs to remove the
moisture from the air to de-fog the windows.

On your '97, yes you have to pull the dash to get the blower motor replaced.
Here's a "how to" for the heatercore, but you'd follow the same steps for
the blower motor.
http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98729

brian cropp