Re: cv axle assemblies non-oem new vs. remfd.

From: teseract@moparhowto.com
Date: Wed Nov 25 2009 - 17:11:55 EST

Rockauto is not flawless, but it's worth the $$$$ savings. Anything more than
$20 is usually cheaper than Napa with AAA savings, but small stuff isn't.
Spark plugs for my truck were much more expensive at Rockauto than Napa, for
example. The tie rod ends, pitman and idler arms saved over $100 for Moog
stuff over Napa.

I did have a bad experience with Rockauto. I ordered some cheap rotors for my
Dakota along with lower control arms and bushings for my LHS. The box came
with only the control arms and bushings and no rotors, even though the rotors
were on the build sheet. It was also possibly the worst packed box ever, the
box was too small and they'd wrapped it in tons of tape to keep it shut with
the control arms jammed in with no packing material.

I called and complained and they couldn't ship me another set since I'd gotten
the last two, so they refunded my money. Hopefully the monkey who packed it
got an ear chewing.

MattB